Friday, September 23, 2011

The "Waiting For Fall" dress!

First and foremost, a most blessed Mabon to everyone!

Being the first day of fall, I thought it a great excuse to debut my "Waiting For Fall" dress. I began making this dress early August when I was longing for longer and cooler evening. They have arrived! This dress was made with BurdaStyle magazine's 05/2010 tiered mini dress #114.

It was very simple to construct and was the first time I made buttonholes! I was very excited about them!

Sir Knight says I look like the cat who swallowed the canary :P

 The sunset was beautiful this evening. Perfect for pictures. Sir Knight, his mother, and I drove up the loop road to visit the mountain lakes. Unfortunately my camera didn't find itself in my purse and I couldn't take pictures of any of the GORGEOUS aspen trees in all their golden glory. We're planning to go up there again this weekend and I will remember my camera this time!



Some tiny biting bugs were eating me alive by that tree!



All in all, a great dress that I can wear both in the summer time without the tights, or with a cardigan and boots. I think I've achieved all my wardrobe goals with this one.

Hope you have all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment