Thursday, January 19, 2012

The "Gaselli" Skirt

Good morning everyone! I have many good things to tell and show you. First off, I am finally (and very happily) employed! I don't quite start just yet but just having a start date for a new job is making me feel so much better! I was so happy, I decided to (FINALLY) post pictures of the skirt I made a while ago.

Now if you read that post, I mentioned that I named it the "Raggle Taggle Gypsy" skirt. I have hence changed my mind. Given its green color and the new book I've finally been able to read (The Orphan Tales: In the Cities of Coin and Spice) I have decided to rename it the "Gaselli" skirt.

In short, Gaselli are creatures who wear green and are sort of like vampires. I will be posting another song that explains more about them. It's actually the song that inspired the name of my skirt. I have another idea for a skirt named "Raggle Taggle Gypsy" skirt.

On to the photos!








Skirt: "Gaselli" skirt (made by me)
Top: Family Dollar
Earrings: Target
Bracelet: made by me (originally a necklace)
Necklace: gift from Sir Knight's mom


I must say this...I love this skirt. I feel really pretty wearing it. I can't stop twirling it! I made it from BurdaStyle's Linda pattern. It's a very easy pattern! I highly recommend it for people just starting to sew. I only made two alterations. First I shortened it by about 3 inches. I stand about 5'2" so I have to shorten all my patterns. This one I didn't shorten as much cause I liked the longer length for this skirt.

The second alteration I made was I inserted elastic through the waistband cause the material I used turned out to be much stretchier than I thought it was.  The bonus is that I bought it for $1 a yard! I only used about 2.5 yards so I have a new skirt for $2.50! Can't beat that!

The fabric did have some bleachy looking stains on it. Probably the reason it was on sale but I think it adds a nice quality to it. I can't wait to wear it again!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment