Saturday, June 25, 2011

Welcome to Apples of Avalon!

Greetings and welcome to Apples of Avalon!

I started sewing when I was a little girl and found my mother's needles and thread. I made my toys capes and simple dresses much to her dismay of my cutting up blankets and towels to make them! :P After a "family and consumer sciences" class in 7th grade I found both a passion for sewing and cooking. I actually didn't sew with a machine for nearly 9 years.

Until then I hand sewed, mostly Halloween costumes. Then when I was about 22, I started teaching myself to sew with patterns, but I was still hand sewing. Finally, about a year ago O bought myself a Brother sewing machine and since then I've been sewing many creations! In this blog, I hope to document my journey to create a beautiful, unique wardrobe made by my own hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment