My knight has to go to his MOSQ this month so I'm going to be by my lonesome until September 4th. *sigh* I got so spoiled having him home and all to myself for so long. I'll learn my lesson one of these days :P. Anyway, as always when I'm going to be by myself for a long time, I think of things I can do to keep myself occupied other than sitting in front of the T.V. missing him. This time around the very first thing that came to mind was,of course, sewing!
I have literally dozens of projects that are in several states of finished, from just being an idea in my head to just needing a hem or a closure to be done. Since I'm going to be alone for about 30 days, I decided to give myself a challenge. I read many blogs and the lovely ladies who write them often blog about challenges they do to shake things up with their sewing and wardrobes. So here I present the beginning of my 15 by 30 Challenge!
I will give myself 30 days to finish 15 projects. It sounds pretty ambitious but I thought about it and many of the projects on my list are almost done. Speaking of the list, here it is:
* Maryy dress in a fun blue Hawaiian print
* flared skirt in a jade green cotton lawn
* halter tank top in a Kaffe Fasset clouds print
* gathered tube top in a fuschia/black floral print
* pullover dress in a solid green broadcloth
* Azalea dress in a brown/green/orange leaf batik print
* pleated skirt in a yarn dyed green/black large check
* knotted front tank top in a lavender bamboo knit
* bubble hem tank top in a burnout jersey
* tiered knit top in a brown slub jersey
* green flower sundress (might salvage into something else)
Those are the projects I have started already and just need to be put together. Here are the projects I haven't started but still want to get done:
* "dress with cap sleeves and gather skirt" by BurdaStyle mag in a what I call a "pomegranate print"
* "dress with A-line skirt" in a slate blue linen blend
* "kajthusia?" halter dress in a white cherry print
* the famous "coffee date dress" in a yellow/mint/mauve striped seersucker
* "buttondown dress with front pockets" in a navy/green plaid
* "tiered mini dress" in a brown leaf print
* Anna boho bag made with brown and navy linen blend shirts that didn't turn out very well
* a dress for my niece in a cute polka dot print
* "empire waisted mini dress" in a burgundy crinkle crepe
I know that makes more than 15 but I want to give myself some wiggle room. I has a tendency to get uninterested for some reason. Anyways, I plan to start my challenge this Thursday. Wish me luck!