Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood Costume...Part the First

Greetings everyone! Hope everyone's October has been as delightful as mine. This weather is making me itch for a trip to a pumpkin patch!

It's also getting me in the mood to start making my Halloween costume. I feel a little nervous starting it just now, but the pattern is pretty easy. I've already read the instructions about a dozen times lol. Speaking of the pattern, here it is:

I love the pirate one too! Might use that one next year!
Obviously making option A. I made a very similar one a couple years ago to make a really pretty gypsy costume. I won a contest that year! Now to the fabric and notions...

Going clockwise from the left:

  • White lace that I bought for a friend's costume I made along with my gypsy one. I'm hoping it'll dye to match the red tulle for the petticoat. 
  • Red double knit (with not stretch) for the cape and vest. It has a nice texture and weight for both pieces. The only problem is the gal who cut the fabric for me cut a yard less than what I needed! I'm thinking we'll need to go back to get more :(. Luckily the bolt was pretty full so it should still be there. 
  • White broadcloth for the blouse. Very simple so it wouldn't take focus away from the vest. 
  • Black satin for the skirt. I also have a 7" invisible zipper. It's cool cause the pattern piece is basically a 1/4 circle skirt piece. Cut on the fold, it make a 1/2 circle skirt! Very versatile piece that I can use for many other things. I LOVE multitasking patterns!
  • Velvet ribbon for the trim on the vest and cape. 
So there it is. My Halloween costume in potentia! Can't wait to get started! Have you started on your costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment