It's also getting me in the mood to start making my Halloween costume. I feel a little nervous starting it just now, but the pattern is pretty easy. I've already read the instructions about a dozen times lol. Speaking of the pattern, here it is:
|I love the pirate one too! Might use that one next year!|
- White lace that I bought for a friend's costume I made along with my gypsy one. I'm hoping it'll dye to match the red tulle for the petticoat.
- Red double knit (with not stretch) for the cape and vest. It has a nice texture and weight for both pieces. The only problem is the gal who cut the fabric for me cut a yard less than what I needed! I'm thinking we'll need to go back to get more :(. Luckily the bolt was pretty full so it should still be there.
- White broadcloth for the blouse. Very simple so it wouldn't take focus away from the vest.
- Black satin for the skirt. I also have a 7" invisible zipper. It's cool cause the pattern piece is basically a 1/4 circle skirt piece. Cut on the fold, it make a 1/2 circle skirt! Very versatile piece that I can use for many other things. I LOVE multitasking patterns!
- Velvet ribbon for the trim on the vest and cape.