Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stars and Stripes Forever Dress!

Got my 4th of July dress done!




Finding the fabric for it was way easy! As you can see I decided on Burda 7012, super easy pattern! Didn't want to go to the laundromat to wash the fabric so I just gave it a good washing in my bathtub while listening to John Phillip Sousa marches. What can I say? I'm still a band geek!

I think I made the shirring a little too tight cause it makes the skirt a little poofy but I actually kind of like it. The pattern calls for big gathered straps but I thought they would look ridiculous on my tiny shoulders so I made a halter strap.

I'm definitely going to take some pictures during the festivities tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait to post it here (and on BurdaStyle!).

Happy Independence Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment