Saturday, July 2, 2011

Feeding My Fabric Addiction...

My boyfriend and I went to Riverton last night and for the budget I gave myself, I was VERY conservative in my purchases. I have to get my boyfriend acquainted with my fabric buying process. I tend to pace up and down the racks of bolts until something catches my eye. Had to keep sending him to other parts of the store :P.

Anyway, got some great stuff! Here they are...

I had a great idea at work to make a cute dress to wear on the 4th. Still searching for a pattern!

After a comment my boyfriend made on this fabric, the dress I create from it will be known as my pomegranate dress!

TOTALLY thought of my best friend Karla when I saw this . I think it will become a cute halter dress.

This is a remnant I found to make a practice dress for my niece. She's going to be 2 next month!

Overall, not a bad loot! While I was there I also got some tulle to put over our bedroom window so we can enjoy a nice breeze while we sleep but not have to get eaten alive by mosquitoes. Only about three windows in our house have screens!

So, I'm thinking the 4th of July dress will be the first I start on. It's going to be really hot it's definitely going to be a tank or halter dress. I have Burda 8045 which is a cute little number. I also have Burda 7012 which is a super easy one with shirring at the waist which means I wouldn't have to put in a zipper. Still thinking about it! Better get started, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love your fabrics here is an idea for the cherries http://www.swingoutfits.com/catalog/dresses/amapola.html

    ReplyDelete